Thursday, March 21, 2013

Faith of the Young

Eleven-year-old Delaney ministered in the Amazon basin in Peru in June and five months later, her dad, David, and 13-year-old sister, McKenna, jetted off to Cambodia with us for the New Year. Delaney and David worked as a team as they shared the story of God's love with Buddhists in the village of Pum Veal. Read on as she shares part of her story.



"We had just come back from visiting with people, and it was lunch time. I had just gotten back from a house with three people that came to Christ. I really wanted to go to houses by myself on this trip, but my mom said, 'No.'  I did, however, get to go to some people and share the gospel on my own. The first guy didn't come to Christ, but the second and third did.  During lunch, I went to an older lady's home. Just going to houses on my own (actually, I was also with my translator and Cambodian Christian) was amazing. This lady received Christ. Then this guy who sells clothes rides up on his moped. I stared at him, and all of a sudden I heard a voice in my head that said, 'Go!'  I rushed to get the evangecube out of my backpack and then rushed over to him. I started talking to him and discovered he is from India. I shared the Gospel with him, but he didn't receive Christ. That was fine. I just love having conversations with the people. It is an amazing experience!"

And that's the faith of a child! Delaney can do it because of the Holy Spirit in her. YOU have the same Holy Spirit, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment